As A Hypnotherapist I Utilise Your Natural Ability To Focus And Relax, To Work With You And, In Particular, Your Unconscious Mind.
It's Just Like Loosing Track Of Time
- Have you ever lost yourself in a film or a book? That was probably a kind of hypnotic trance. Driven somewhere and then thought ‘oh, I’m here’ but not remember the journey? Another kind of trance.
Did you ever settle down on a beach or on a blanket in a meadow, and just loose track of time? Probably a trance. Also all natural, all safe.
- As a Hypnotherapist I utilise your natural ability to focus and relax, to work with you and, in particular, your unconscious mind. Bringing about changes in how you think, feel, believe, and behave. It’s not magic, it’s science. But it can certainly feel magical.
Activating Your Inner Resources
- So while you are focusing and relaxing I apply various techniques in such a way as to bring about positive therapeutic benefits for you. While you are in a relaxed and comfortable state referred to as a hypnotic trance I act a guide enabling you to activate your inner resources in order to achieve your goals.
History Of Your Issues
- Each session with me will generally last for about an hour. At the start of the first session I will take a history of your issue and find out what you hope to achieve. When we get ready to start treatment, I will then invite you to sit or lie in a reclining chair, perhaps covered with a blanket, maybe with background music.
- The tools I use in addition to Hypnotherapy include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Tapping techniques, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprogramming), Gestalt Therapy, NLP, and various individualised combinations of these.
You Could End The Session
- Throughout the session, you may remain aware of what is going on in the room, and at any time you could choose to open your eyes and end the session.
You Are Relaxed
- While the you are in this relaxed state I am better able to communicate directly with your unconscious mind; however, no therapist could ever influence a person to do something they didn’t want to. This means the hypnotherapist is able to offer helpful suggestions.
If you would like to find out more about hypnosis or hypnotherapy please give me a call.
Andrea was excellent, very friendly and put me at ease straight away. I had interview anxiety and with a very important interview just weeks away she wasn't phased by the short time we had. Felt extremely relaxed during the sessions and it worked...I was offered the job! Thank you, Andrea
Andrea has been providing sessions for my 9 year old son who struggles with anxiety, low self-esteem and is very fearful. Her sessions have been amazing for him: he loves his sessions and we have seen many improvements in his well-being. She has excellent skills at interacting with children and has a lovely warm and responsive approach.
Andrea is a very approachable person who makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed in her presence. I suffer with terrible health anxiety and I feel I can talk to Andrea about my issues no matter how silly I may sound.
Since having hypnotherapy I have found myself less anxious, less stressed and I find it easier to be rational.
If you are debating hypnotherapy for whatever reason I 100% recommended it and especially with Andrea. It’s worth every penny!
Thank you Andrea - looking forward to my next session.